I still can’t believe that we are in the middle of year 2015. Time surely flies faster than we could imagine. Last year I decided to make my personal and financial goals for 2015 public. Today, after six months I’d like to give you an update on how things turning out for me.
2015 Financial Goals
What I originally wrote?
1. Open a COL Easy Investment Plan before first quarter of 2015 ends.
2. Establish Event Business as a priority starting first quarter of 2015.
3. Top up my FAMI Investment starting the second quarter of 2015 since I by August the laptop payment will end. The amount I am paying for that will be parked on FAMI Investment alone.
4. No less than 500pesos per cut-off saving on Fun Fund (Metrobank Payroll) starting first quarter of 2015.
5. Accomplish my Emergency Fund Goal before third quarter of 2015 ends.
6. Saving willingly on a bigger Financial Fund Goal before third quarter of 2015 ends.
7. Commit to my budget without fail the whole year.
8. Create actual additional income streams on my blogs and Youtube channel by second quarter of 2015.
9. Freelance writing all the way and save all income for Future Fund. (A new envelop I will be accomplishing)
My financial goals in life has undergone major changes during the past six months. If you remember I had a change of mind in opening a COL Easy Investment Plan because I wanted to slow down a bit with my eagerness to invest and focus more on what matters the most – Health and Life.You can read the full story HERE.
By August I’ll be applying for a St. Peter Plan. I know it sounds morbid and you might probably think that I’m too young to invest in a memorial plan. But I believe that it will turn out to be a great investment in the future.
My goal of having no less than 500pesos in my Fun Fund (Metrobank Payroll) wasn’t accomplished consistently. I overspend a lot of times by buying books, dining out and engaging in impulsive shopping. And yes, I failed big time in committing to my monthly budget.
I am still in the process of building my Emergency Fund and so far so good. It really helps that I have my emergency fund in a BPI Save Up plus Insurancebecause I don’t miss a month without adding money in the account. They automatically deduct in the date and in the amount that I specified when I opened my account.
What made me super happy for the first six months of 2015 is the fact that I actually created “NEW INCOME STREAMS” for a better cash flow.
I also would like to announce that I am finally living the “financial writer” dream that I have for so long. Currently, I am serving three active clients so a big chunk of my time is also being used for this new endeavor. This is actually is the reason why I wasn’t able to post a blog on an every day basis – though I am trying my very best to become a productive writer.
I still have my day job and I actually had another salary increase! Hooray!!! God is so good and He is faithful to His promise. The raise that I got made me feel proud of what I do. It feels good to be rewarded at work and the feeling that you are appreciated.
2015 Personal Goals
What I Originally Wrote?
1. Become better in every aspect of my life
2. Have my SSS ID, Passport and Driver’s License by First Quarter of 2015
3. Hit 6-digit pageviews in this blog by the end of 2015
4. An increase of 300% on followers and subscribers from Facebook Page, Youtube and RSS Feeds
5. More sponsors and ad inquiries as well as projects
6. There will be booked events every month for 2015
7. Will only buy staple and basic pieces that will surely last from makeup, clothing, shoes and personal stuff.
2015 opened a lot of opportunities for me to become better. I still pray though for a more fruitful relationship with God. I know that this is the area where I am lacking the most. I want to have this growing relationship with God and really act on my spiritual life.
I procrastinated and didn’t accomplish having my SSS ID, Passport and Driver’s License by first quarter of 2015 but thank God my Postal ID and TIN ID are still accepted as valid ID. I also got my very first credit card though it’s only a supplementary card. So far I still don’t use the credit card to make a purchase. Read it HERE.
Hooray!!! We are nearing the 6-digit mark in terms I pageviews for SavingsPinay!!! I can’t thank you enough for making it happen. Every time I check my stats I will feel so “kilig” because it just grows rapidly. Thank you for giving SavingsPinay a chance.
If you are new to this blog the I encourage you to like my Facebook Page, subscribe to my YouTube Channel and become part of my Email List so you can receive updates straight in your inbox. Both my Facebook Page and YouTube Channel grew dramatically for the past few months and I am very much happy.
Finally I was able to have ads and sponsored posts on my blogs. Something that I’ve been dreaming since I started blogging. Compared to last year I was able to control myself when it comes to big shopping. I believe I only shopped twice or thrice so far where I spend near 3,000pesos. Though the biggest chunk of my overspending is caused by books and eating out, I still feel very happy na may wallet akong hindi nauubusan ng laman.
I am getting near to my 22nd birthday I am slowly becoming discouraged that I can complete by 21 and better list. I’ll do an update for sure in IzzaGlino about this status.
I learned that failure to accomplish a goal is not a failure at all but a lesson learned. I know that I need to be SMARTer in my objectives in life. There are five more months to accomplish some more. My plan is to really make 2015 a year of excellence. I am setting myself for a weekend travel before the year ends and hopefully I can become a more productive and more intentional living day-to-day.
Izza of SavingsPinay helps Filipinos bridge the financial literacy gap one content at a time by providing insights and tips on budgeting, saving, investing, side hustle and growing your net worth. Aside from this blog she also writes at www.izzaglinofull.com, a beauty and lifestyle blog for frugal Pinays and manages, www.izzagevents.com, a wedding and event business since 2011. For inquiries, topic suggestions or future collaborations email her email@example.com